Family Management is a HUD certified Housing Counseling agency that can assist in many housing related areas:
Home Buyer Education
Enjoy taking our on-line course from the comfort of your own home, at your own pace.
- The course covers these areas:
- Budgeting for your home purchase
- Shopping for your home
- Shopping for your loan
- Mortgage loan application process
- Purchasing your home
Post-Purchase Homebuyers’ Education Course:
- Budgeting after your home purchase
- Money for repairs
- Keeping your mortgage current
Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM) or Reverse Mortgages
If you are a homeowner 62 or over, a reverse mortgage can give you a way to convert home equity to cash, thereby supplementing your income. We will help educate you so you can make an informed choice as to whether this is the right decision for you.
For additional information on reverse mortgages, we encourage you to read the following information:
If you have missed a mortgage payment, or are finding it difficult to meet your entire monthly expenses, our certified credit counselors may be able to help you with your situation.
We are funded and backed by Iowa Finance Authority and the Attorney General’s office and partner with Iowa Legal Aid as well other counseling agencies in the Iowa Mortgage Help network. Our services are tailored to meet each individual client’s needs, but can include:
- Assistance in preparing a file for mediation with mortgage lenders, including direction on proper documentation, budget preparation and referrals for public services or credit/debt management.
- Possible assistance from Iowa Legal Aid to help with the legal side of foreclosure.
- Mediation with the mortgage lender with the goal of home retention.
- Finally, problem solving and exploring options for clients who are unable or do not wish to retain their home.
If you feel that you might benefit from some of these services, the process to get started in very easy. Please read and electronically sign the counseling agreement, then complete and return the following documents to us:
We encourage you to get the information to us in the manner most efficient for you – by fax (319-234-5987), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or please call 877-622-4866 and we will be happy to take it over the phone. Once we have the information requested in these three items, an intake counselor will be in touch with you to discuss our services, answer your questions, and explain the next steps to proceed.